J’ai acceptÃ© la cordiale invitation de Thomas Micheneau au nom de l’AIESEC de HEC MontrÃ©al de donner une confÃ©rence-formation sur les communications Ã©lectroniques au QuÃ©bec.Â J’ai concoctÃ© une petite diapositive afin de regrouper plusieurs donnÃ©es de l’Ã©tude Net Tendances 2007 du CEFRIO ainsi que d’autres exemples de l’industrie internationale actuelle.
CommeÂ les communications Ã©lectroniques et les communautÃ©s Ã©lectroniques vont de paire, je n’ai pu m’empÃªcher d’effleurer les outils de rÃ©seautage social, au coeur mÃªme des communications.
Mais qu’est-ce que l’AIESEC?Â Dans leurs propres mots:
AIESEC, la plus grande organisation au monde gÃ©rÃ©e par des Ã©tudiants, est la plate-forme internationale permettant aux jeunes de dÃ©couvrir et de dÃ©velopper leur potentiel afin d’avoir un impact positif sur la sociÃ©tÃ©.
AIESEC est prÃ©sente dans plus de 105 pays, et rÃ©unit quelques 30 000 membres Ã travers le monde, dont 70 membres Ã HEC Montreal.Â Â Les activitÃ©s dâ€™AIESEC HEC ont aussi bien lieu Ã MontrÃ©al quâ€™en coopÃ©ration avec lâ€™un des 1100 autres locaux dâ€™AIESEC sur la planÃ¨te.
Plus de 360 confÃ©rences permettent chaque annÃ©e aux membres d’AIESEC de partager leurs expÃ©riences, de rÃ©flÃ©chir ensemble aux problÃ©matiques actuelles, et de rencontrer des personnalitÃ©s du monde Ã©conomique et politique.
AIESEC offre une gamme complÃ¨te de stages professionnels autant en entreprise, que dans des ONG, sur les 5 continents. Choisir AIESEC, c’est saisir une opportunitÃ© unique, d’acquÃ©rir une expÃ©rience valable tout en dÃ©couvrant une nouvelle culture. Qu’elle ait lieu en Allemagne, en
Chine ou au BrÃ©sil, votre expÃ©rience AIESEC sera un atout indÃ©niable.
While I am cleaning my closet -just to use a famous expression, I had this April 2007 picture taken in California, in front of Google’s Campus at Headquarters on Charleston Road. What is really interesting is, just by accident, I was wearing the matching Google Colors that day! As a Gen-Y, kid of the Web, I Â truly embrace the World Wide Web and value product intelligence. So, yes it is true, i do… i love Google too especially, its Android Developer Challenge (and the application culture that contributes to generate) that fits with Google’s pull marketing strategy, Google Search, Google Earth, Google docs and spreadsheets, their apps and api, Google Reader that i use often etc.
And a more geeky one.
It’s that time of the month! Â This monday the Montreal Mobile Mondays Panel and Meetup are happening again this monday November 3rd from 6pm to 8.30pm. Â We are invited to hear Sylvain Langlois, Astral Media’s Radio Interactive General Manager and Francis Beaulieu, a Mobile Product Manager at Canoe.
In a few days, it will be my last day at Yahoo! (just like certain predecesors blogging about it before: Chad Dickerson;Â Ian Kennedy)Â after what has been an intense and fun trip into the purple DNA world for almost 3 years.
I am happy to have had under my belt,
some key events and accomplishments that marked and made me as much
as marked the brand - locally speaking, of course. Â Just
to name a few:
1) the 24 hours of Flickr in Montreal (People suddenly realized there was a local Flickr presence here under the Olympic Stadium….). That activity was part of the *delighting our communities* motto at Yahoo!
2) I was happy to launch the first ever Yahoo! QuÃ©bec t-shirt, a
Good life apparelÂ creation, Â a
local artist who does the yearly James Brown Tees… There is a
limited edition of 250 Ts… Those who were lucky enough to put
a hold on them, well, just keep them preciously.
3) I was more than glad to participate in the Rebranding of Yahoo! QuÃ©bec (which previously had another name.) and to be part of the team with Ogilvy Montreal to launch the first Yahoo! QuÃ©bec offline marketing campaign that is currently running in the subway, buses and highways.
4) With a super dream team, I was excited to launch the most recent versions of Yahoo! QuÃ©bec Messenger in french from 5.9 to 8.0, Â and webmessenger and all these communication products (mail, avatars, profiles, etc.) and the community products.
5) I was happy to have resurrected the good’ ol’ Mon Yahoo! QuÃ©bec, the rss feed aggregator.
7) above all, I was really blessed by a more than amazing local community of techies, lovers, bloggers, challengers, mentors, startups, brainiacs, etc. Â From Patrick Tanguay, Michelle Blanc, Heri, Philippe Martin,Â Olie Ze Kat, just to name a few (this is a non-exhaustive list, I could go on with a list of a hundred names…).
In a few weeks, i am
starting at Deloitte Canada, heading up the online Marketing
Department and teams in Montreal and Toronto.
And a 30 seconds Introduction to Deloitte video, with a lil’ extra spice:
See you all very soon!
Katheline previously known as Katz_kul in the Flickr ecosystem.
Â ”Geek and Sexy”, that is how StÃ©phanie Lalut, freelancer at Infopresse, describes me in the Infopresse October 2008 Print Magazine Edition! Â Of course, she is making an obvious reference to The Gazette’s Sexiest Geek Title I had the privilege to win in 2007. Â As much as the sexy side, she drafts a brief portrait on my Internet Product and Marketing Manager career to date and diverse background in Marketing, advertising and music industry. Â
Two corrections though:
- I did a certificate in Journalism at University of Montreal, not at l’UQAM.
- Flickr is written Flickr.com not flicker.com
Overall I am really happy about this article that highlights the hard work I have accomplished to this date.
I do not usually speak politics on this blog. But, listening to a unplugged guitar song online at the Canada for Obama music Channel on this website inspired me: canadaforobama.ca i just felt like an inspired Canadian! Â There is some hip hop as well. Â All these songs were inspired by the Obama side of the campaign. The Milagro Group is organizing this election night party on November 4th, 2008 at OPUS.
As seen on my undisclosed Tumblr account, I developed an obsession for the New Google Android phone. Not for what it actually represents but for the potential market share that it could one day seize on that tumultuous Telecommunication Market. Â Here are some user snapshots of this G1 unboxing moment. Â I guess this User is a poweruser…
This is an achievement for me to have the priviledge to win the Q2-2008 European Awards amongst all my Yahoo! European and Canadia colleagues. Â And I congratulate all the teams that were able to qualify and receive mentions.
See this blog post at this link:Â yahoo-europe-q2-awards-grand-price-winner