In a few days, it will be my last day at Yahoo! (just like certain predecesors blogging about it before: Chad Dickerson;Â Ian Kennedy)Â after what has been an intense and fun trip into the purple DNA world for almost 3 years.
I am happy to have had under my belt,
some key events and accomplishments that marked and made me as much
as marked the brand - locally speaking, of course. Â Just
to name a few:
1) the 24 hours of Flickr in Montreal (People suddenly realized there was a local Flickr presence here under the Olympic Stadium….). That activity was part of the *delighting our communities* motto at Yahoo!
2) I was happy to launch the first ever Yahoo! QuÃ©bec t-shirt, a
Good life apparelÂ creation, Â a
local artist who does the yearly James Brown Tees… There is a
limited edition of 250 Ts… Those who were lucky enough to put
a hold on them, well, just keep them preciously.
3) I was more than glad to participate in the Rebranding of Yahoo! QuÃ©bec (which previously had another name.) and to be part of the team with Ogilvy Montreal to launch the first Yahoo! QuÃ©bec offline marketing campaign that is currently running in the subway, buses and highways.
4) With a super dream team, I was excited to launch the most recent versions of Yahoo! QuÃ©bec Messenger in french from 5.9 to 8.0, Â and webmessenger and all these communication products (mail, avatars, profiles, etc.) and the community products.
5) I was happy to have resurrected the good’ ol’ Mon Yahoo! QuÃ©bec, the rss feed aggregator.
7) above all, I was really blessed by a more than amazing local community of techies, lovers, bloggers, challengers, mentors, startups, brainiacs, etc. Â From Patrick Tanguay, Michelle Blanc, Heri, Philippe Martin,Â Olie Ze Kat, just to name a few (this is a non-exhaustive list, I could go on with a list of a hundred names…).
In a few weeks, i am
starting at Deloitte Canada, heading up the online Marketing
Department and teams in Montreal and Toronto.
And a 30 seconds Introduction to Deloitte video, with a lil’ extra spice:
See you all very soon!
Katheline previously known as Katz_kul in the Flickr ecosystem.